The heart of your vaping device. These heating elements known as coils are there to turn your e-liquid into vapour. Generally with a manufactured coil we find a heating element encased in cotton. The cotton holds the liquid enabling it to be vaporised once you apply power to the coil from your battery.
When to replace your coils
Coils will need replacing periodically and the length of time this needs to be done will depend on a number of factors. Amount of device use, power settings, e-liquid and other factors all affect the coil life. Generally you would want to replace your coil as and when you encounter a burnt or poor taste from your atomiser.
How to prime your coils to avoid burning out prematurely
It is very important to make sure your coil is primed properly before first firing the device. To achieve this, please follow the following instructions:
- Drop some e-liquid into the inside of your coil and let the cotton inside soak this up
- Visually inspect the windows on the side of the coil and keep adding liquid until you can see the cotton is soaked properly.
- If there is any excess liquid inside the coil, just flick this out carefully
- Refit the coil into your tank and fill with e-liquid
- Allow to sit for a few minutes to soak
- Take a few 'Primer Puffs' by pulling on the atomiser as if you were vaping but WITHOUT firing the device
- If your device has adjustable power, turn it down to a lower setting and fire it there first, working the power higher at intervals
- Huzzah, you should now have successfully primed your coil!
We have also made a video demonstrating how to prime coils on a selection of different tanks: